is the Italeri M109A6 kit in 1/35. I started this as an out of the box build.
The kit goes together very well for an a target (I usually build aircraft J).
I did not add any aftermarket as it was a bit of an experimental build, the only
extra bits added were a couple of stretched sprue antennas on the turret.
I approached the end of the build I started to consider which colour
scheme I would use from the kit decals. I was not in the mood to mask it
up in the green/brown European scheme and the other Desert markings were
very plain. So I decided on a ‘What If’. I dived into the spare decals
and found an after market sheet for Australian ASLAVs. I decided on a sand
colour as I could not be bothered with the before mentioned masking
The finished the model by weathering it with Tamiya powders. All
in all it was a fun build and I have another 109 to build this time with resin
interior though I may build a few more What If before I tackle that one.
All in all it was a fun build and I have another 109 to build this time with resin interior though I may build a few more What If before I tackle that one.
Photos and text © by Ray Seppala